Canadian Club Membership
Join now to receive the benefits of being a member of The Canadian Club of New Zealand:
- Be eligible for discounts to club events
- Meet fellow Canadians living in New Zealand and people who love Canadians
- Enjoy events such as a Thanksgiving Dinner, a Canadian Pancake Breakfast, Quiz Night, Christmas BBQ, the annual American v. Canadian Maple Cup slow-pitch softball game, and other events.
- Memberships run annually from 01 July to 30 June inclusive.
- Membership options exist for Individuals, Family, Associates (non-Canadians), Corporate, and Honorary.
- Membership fee to Canadians is only $12 for an Individual, $24 for a Family, $18 Associate Individual Member, $30 Associate Family Member, $36 Corporate Member, or $0 for an Honorary Member.
- Please see below for details of membership options, benefits, terms & conditions.
- Membership entitles you to participate in all club events at a reduced rate.
MEMBERSHIP - FORM
Please complete the online membership form at bottom of this page.
MEMBERSHIP - PAYMENT
Membership - Payment: Can be made by direct credit:
- The Canadian Club of New Zealand: 01 - 0129 - 0088533 - 00
- Please include your surname with payment details.
- Individual (aged 19 years+): $12.00
- Family: $24.00
- Associate Individual (aged 19 years+): $18.00
- Associate Family: $30.00
Corporate Member: $36.00
Honorary Member: $0.00
Individual: An Individual Member is any individual aged 19 years or older who is a Canadian Citizen admitted to membership under Rule 6.0 and how has not ceased to be a member under any other Rule.
Family: Group of individuals/family in a domestic relationship, including children of a member admitted to membership under Rule 6.0 where at least one person is eligible for admission as an Individual Member (Canadian), the children are less than 19 years of age and the qualifying individual has not ceased to be a member under any other Rule.
Associate Individual: An Associate Member is an individual aged 19 years or older admitted to membership under Rule 6.0 and who has not ceased to be a member under any other Rule.
Associate Family: An Associate Family Member is any group of individuals in a domestic relationship, including children of a member admitted to membership under Rule 6.0 where at least one person is eligible for admission as an Associate Member, the children are less than 19 years of age and the qualifying individual has not ceased to be a member under any other Rule.
Corporate Member: A Corporate Member is an incorporated or unincorporated body admitted to membership under Rule 6.0 and which has not ceased to be a member under any other Rule.
Honorary Member: Any Honorary Member is any Canadian person employed by a Canadian Embassy, Consul, Trade Commission, or similar. Any qualifying person will be informed of the conferment of their Honorary Member status. They do not pay the annual subscription and shall have no membership rights, privileges, or duties.
TERMS & CONDITIONS (extract)
For full Terms & Conditions please refer to The Canadian Club of New Zealand Constitution available for reference and download at bottom of this webpage.
Rule 6.0 – Admission of Members (extract from Canadian Club of NZ Constitution 2017):
- 6.1 Applicants for membership as Individual, Family Members, Associate Members, Associate Family Members or Corporate Members shall complete any application form provided by the Committee and supply such information as may be required by the Committee.
- 6.2 Membership application shall be considered by the Committee.
- 6.3 The Committee shall have discretion whether or not to admit a membership applicant, and shall advise the applicant of its decision.
Rule 7.0 Subscription and Levies (extract from Canadian Club of NZ Constitution 2017):
- 7.1 The annual subscription for different classes of membership for the following financial year shall be set by resolution of a General Meeting.
- 7.2 The Committee may by resolution impose a levy or levies on members in different classes of membership in any calendar year up to a maximum totaling 50 per cent of the annual subscription for that year for each class of member.
- 7.3 The annual subscription is payable by advance by electronic transfer within one calendar month of the close of every Annual General Meeting.
- 7.4 The annual subscription is prorated on a monthly basis for any new members who join between Annual General Meetings.
- 7.5 Any member failing to pay the annual subscription fees within one calendar month of the date the same was set may continue to attend any Society activities at the cost set for non-members which may or may not include a levy under Rule 7.2. The member shall cease to hold himself, herself, or itself out as a member of the Society, and shall return to the Society all material produced by the Society (including any Membership Card, handbooks and manuals).